Favorite over the air TV shows

Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)
What are you favorite over the air shows?
Best regards,
Andy
Who misses BBSes.

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 12:37:05 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:

NCIS is the only one that comes to mind that is currently in production (where "currently" is modified for COVID-19 restrictions).
Unless you count re-runs of Dragnet and Adam-12 on MeTV (which I think is available OTA).
Cindy Hamilton
On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 03:32:38 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

I can still handle the occasional Adam-12, but for me Dragnet hasn't held up well at all. Friday was way too stuffy and straight, while Gannon seemed to just go along with everything without having his own opinions. I watched it as a kid, but I can't watch it now.
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 1:00:53 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:

Yes, it hasn't aged well. We don't watch every episode: the ones with "hippies" are particularly painful. But it gives me a pleasant sense of nostalgia, especially the notion that right always prevails.
Cindy Hamilton
On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 11:49:07 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

On that last point, Jack Webb made sure of that. :) He had some strong opinions on hippies, drugs, things like that, and those things made it into the show.
On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 11:49:07 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

I thought Dragnet was pretty corny the first time around.

Yes, it was not authentic like Broderick Crawford in Highway Patrol.

10-4 ;-)
All of those shows have run at one time or another in the last year or so, including Sea Hunt. I still have a few Highway Patrol episodes on my TiVo
On 7/25/20 2:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Just the facts, ma'am.
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 25 Jul 2020 12:00:49 -0500, Jim Joyce

Sort of like a much more recent show, one of the cast-pairs of Law & Order, the actor with the Italian name (Vincent deNoffrio or something) and his partner who never had an original idea. It was sort of amazing considering lots of shows were being made for years by then where the female had the lead, even earlier Law & Order.

Despite that I still like Dragnet radio shows on Sunday night, and afaik would watch the tv shows too.
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 25 Jul 2020 08:43:28 -0700, Bob F

I watch Gunsmoke on Me. I also listen to Gunsmoke radio shows from the 50's on Sunday night and 3 of the TV shows in the last 2 months have had the exact same story as radio versions, even much of the dialog is word-for-word the same.

Here too.
On 7/25/2020 2:18 PM, micky wrote:

Who has the middle of the days/mornings for watching TV, pray tell?
Which leads to the secondary of what do all these thugs in Portland, etc., do for a living when they're not out vandalizing and looting and pillaging???

I've been giggling over Lisa last month or two--never saw most of them when were on originally.
Carol Burnett is better than the evening news about 90% of the time so she's been getting her innings as well, hit 'n miss, when they're doing nothing but obsessing over COVID on news (which is most of it, these days). What am I supposed to do with that...nothing I can do about Miami or Houston/Dallas...

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 25 Jul 2020 13:17:54 -0700, Bob F

I can relate to that. I think I fell asleep watching the Saturday night horror movies, And there was no way to record them.
When I was little, I watched tv on my belly with my head resting on my hands, my elbows on the floor. But my arms got too long. I really missed that position for a long time.
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:em.

Bingo
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 2:18:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

I really like Gunsmoke and Rifleman.
I think Gunsmoke still holds the record for longest running show.
Andy
On 7/25/2020 8:30 PM, AK wrote:

The Simpsons hold the record. Then Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Then Gunsmoke tied with Law and Order
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 25 Jul 2020 20:47:04 -0400, Hawk

I like the Rifleman, but what gets me is that no matter how old his kid gets or as many times as he sees his father in trouble, he still doesn't know what to do. He's a wimp. One time he threw his father the gun instead of shooting the guy himself Wasted time, and what if he didn't catch it.

On 7/25/2020 8:30 PM, AK wrote:

Simpsons beats it now with 654 episodes. Gunsmoke 635 over 20 years.
The 5 Longest-Running TV Shows of All Time The Simpsons | Fox. Gunsmoke | CBS. Law & Order | NBC. South Park | Comedy Central. Law & Order: SVU | NBC.
On 7/24/20 11:37 PM, AK wrote:

Not over the air but Live PD was a good show. It's been cancelled due to the hysteria over George Floyd dying because of apparent police misbehavior. It showed cops with car and body cams as they went about their business. The patience those guys usually show is something to behold. I wondered how much the cameras changed things though.
On 7/25/2020 6:57 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I think over the air does not include cable. I only follow Blue Bloods and Survivor from the broadcast networks otherwise the rest are all cable.