Faucet stability weak on 20gauge stainless sinks

I tried to install a sink from lowes made by American Standard and the client was not happy with the rocking movement of the faucet on 20 gauge stainless steel kitchen sink. After fully installing sink and faucet as kit sold for 399$ the client tried swiveling the snout and the entire faucet flexed the metal at the base where attached to sink.?

Reply to
Robert Arey

You end your rambling with a question mark. Where's the question?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

"Robert Arey" wrote in message news:J1KYA.22300$ snipped-for-privacy@fx02.am...

My stainless sink has a spout.

The spout is attached to a rectangular metal base (9" by 2") that does not allow any flexing of the stainless sink.

Reply to
catalpa

That base is for use if it's a 3 hole sink. Without it, you get a cleaner, more modern look. That's how I install mine. But you have a possible solution. If he has the plate and wants to use it, it would likely beef it up. Me, I'd be on the phone with American Standard.

Reply to
trader_4