Faucet parts

We are doing a small kitchen remodel and are replacing the sink and the faucet. The faucet is a Moen with the pull-out spray head. It uses a 12" single hole base plate. We are considering moving the Moen to the utility sink in the laundry. The sink only has a 6" area on which to mount the Moen. If I use the 12" plate, it will stick out 3 inches on each side. Not pretty and a dirt trap in the gap underneath. What I am trying to find is a 6" plate with a single hole in the center.

Any suggestions? If all else fails I may cut the old one down, but that will be a hack job. At least it is only the laundry.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Check in your Yellow Pages under Sheet Metal and pick out a shop near you. They can either supply you with a stainless steel piece for you to fabricate or may quickly cut and punch one in the configuration you need. If the plate you need is flat, some .060" will do just fine. If not, you can make an inverted box shape from the flat stock and easily weld the corners shut with silver solder and a MAPP or propane torch. OTOH, if that is too much of a challenge, just buy an el cheapo faucet set from the box store. Whatever, have fun.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Depending on the model of pullout it may work as single hole mount

Reply to
jim