Faucet Noise

Hi All,

I recently replaced an old Moen single handle lavatory faucet (looks like one of the cheaper models) with a Delta 580 and was surprised to find the Delta is a lot noisier than the old Moen. It sounds like there is a loud, not quite screechy turbulence noise coming from where the ceramic cartridge is housed. It's at its worst when the handle is half open and happens with cold, hot, or mixed water (its worst with hot). My wife describes it as sounding like a cheap motel faucet.

The only difference in supply piping between the old and the new configuration is the addition of some quarter turn ball/teflon type shutoff valves.

Here's my question ... will a Delta stainless steel ball type faucet (e.g. model 535) be quieter or should I just get another Moen? One reason I switched to Delta was so I could get a different valve technology. I don't like how the Moen cartridges get stiffer to use as they age. Are there any similar downsides to the steel ball type faucets?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Reply to
webster.joe