Extended Phone Wiring

I need to extend my phone line and have some extra CAT5e cable. Can I use this instead using the twisted pairs for line 1 and line 2, that is, green to green, white/green to red, etc.?

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

No problem. Use a twisted pair for each phone line: green & white/green for line 1; brown & white/brown for line 2, etc.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Hi, It's okay. Not interested in DECT corless phone tho?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

You can use any wires for ONE line. Heck, you can use bailing wire and coat hangars. (Some folks do.)

Do it right. You never know when a second pair will be needed. In that case, correct splicing is important:

Line old-style "quad" twisted-pair ^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^ L1 red/green blue/white L2 yellow/black orange/white L3 green/white L4 brown/white

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

I'm using all 3 lines.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Will not work for DSL and already have a multitude of corded phones. I am moving my computer to another room.

Reply to
Mike Dobony