Euro style kitchen slide out trash drawer repair?

Just looking to see if there are any others out there who have Euro style cabinets (ours are Brookhaven) with a double trash drawer pullout that has needed to be repaired. DH was trying to make more room in the front basket, and ended up pushing hard enough to bend the overhead support rail and rip out two of the supporting screws(one of which is in a corner) from the particleboard lateral support which is visible from the front of the cabinet and due to the Euro style, appears to be integral to the cabinet structure.

Because this is a euro style cabinet, I'm wondering what our repair options are? The cabinets are fairly new (only been used for about two months), and I am even hesitant to unscrew the rest of the rail to try to bend it back due my concern that it just won't be that sturdy when we try to screw it back in(again, related to the particle board). Definitely did enough damage at the original holes that screws can't be reinstalled there, plus the bottom rails for the drawer above are attached to the same cross board as well.

If it's going to require us to order a whole new cabinet, then my question is how does it get installed if there's granite (about a 8ft run) on top? Is it not such a big deal? This is our first journey with new construction that we plan to live in for a loooong time, so I want to make sure that the fix lasts and looks right. We were not thrilled with the installer that did the initial installation, so I thought we'd ask here first. Appreciate any suggestions or help you can give - I can't imagine that my DH is the only man on the earth that's ever done this...

Thanks!

Reply to
lml3800

I would take out the slides and try to repair them first. If so, I would then look to see if screws can be relocated to undamaged areas of the particle board (may have to drill new holes in the slides), and depending upon what is located on either side of the particular cabinet, I may use longer screws, even if they screw partly into adjoining cabinet sides. The other alternative would be to find similar slides. Usually, cabinet companies do not make their own slides, they buy them from companies that do make cabinet hardware. Perhaps those companies sell to the general public. Look for a brand name on the slides.

Reply to
willshak