estimated materials cost for 30x50x10h pole barn

Any guestimates on a building of such size? Materials only.

Should I go with 29ga or 26ga metal?

I'd want 1 sliding door and 1 man door.

Reply to
kansascats

re: "I'd want 1 sliding door and 1 man door."

Are women not allowed to enter the building or are they restricted to using the sliding door?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Look at the farm building ads in your area -- there should be a zillion of 'em w/ various kits as well as simply the tin.

All depends on how cheap you want material. No. 2 29ga white is about $61-62/sq here; w/ 45-yr painted about $75. No. 1 galvanized would be roughly $55.

By comparison, No. 1 26ga galvalume would be about same as the best 29ga painted.

Probably find %10 either way from those if look.

I'd guess materials package only that size will be in $4k range w/o delivery. You could get a package that size built here for about $8-9k I'd guess.

--

Reply to
dpb

Sigh. Wish I had a legal empty spot on this lot to plunk down something like that. Probably better that I don't, I guess. The 14-18k for the shed and slab is only the start, you know. By the time you fill it with toys and junk, figure triple that, at least... :^/

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Any thoughts on where to save and where not to save?

Reply to
kansascats