Epoxy over urethane sealer

I botched my living room floor concrete paint job with the sealer (roller marks, air bubbles, etc. - wondering if it reacted negatively to the paint?). Is it possible to paint over urethane sealer with epoxy, or am I going to have to strip the whole damn thing and redo it (ie: get a professional?).

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
syntaxkill

Your concrete may have been too new (wet) for coating. But a sealer formulated for concrete shouldn't have those problems. Give the customer service people at the paint manufacturer a call. Could be the wrong product for the job, a bad batch from the factory, application errors, whatever. They should have recommendations as to best way to strip and start over if you must. So it may not have been your fault at all. Consider a water based epoxy next time for your concrete. The coverage is poor compared to solvent based but it goes on after a heavy duty cleaner instead of acid etch and wash. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe