Best concrete sealer?

Good morning,

I have two applications for a concrete sealer for a house I just moved into. I am looking to find a product (maybe two different products) to do the job most effectively.

1) 400 sq. foot garage. We would like to park one of the cars in it, and would like to protect the floor from oil/grease and snow/road salt. The concrete is in excellent shape and has no stains currently.

2) 1500 sq. foot basement. I would like to eventually finish my basement, installing a subfloor and probably carpet. However, this floor has previously suffered from dog urine stains. I've cleaned really well, using enzyme cleaners, etc... but I know that I can't get everything that has soaked in. I would like to seal this so we don't have odor problems going forward.

I would say that my priorities are 50% - best suited to the task, 30% cost, and 20% ease of installation.

Does anyone have any product recommendations?

Thanks much Dave Wolgast Livonia, NY

Reply to
Dave Wolgast

A good quality epoxy garage floor paint with very careful preparation. Don't skip any part of the instructions when it comes to the prep and application. Not difficult, but no shortcuts!

Try cleaning with muriatic acid and or a special concrete cleaner. That should do it. You really should not need a sealer if you are going to carpet. However before you consider that, consider very carefully how you are going to handle the ground moisture you are likely going to have. What ever seals that should also seal any odor.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Here are some of the best:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Keep the whole world singing. . . . DanG

products)

in it,

snow/road

currently.