electrolux frost free -freezer ok fridge not working

Hi, The above frost free appliance has gone on the blink,with the freezer section working well but no cooling in the fridge,I suspect the auto defrost is faulty but am uncertain as to what steps to take. Any help appreciated Thanks Ian

Reply to
ian

Ive had a frige where the defrost timer broke while n the defrost On mode. Also it could be an ice blockage in the vent, that can take up to a day to defrost. Someone here will give you a better way to diagnose your problem, im just guessing here.

Reply to
m Ransley

Is frost forming on the back wall of the freezer?

Reply to
Ed

Could be the defrost.

Could also be the little fan that moves air between the two compartments. If the motor fails you don't get proper cooling. I've had that happen on a couple of refrigerators at work.

Edwin Pawlowski