Electrical Question: Clothes Drier

Interesting. So if I were to get a new drier with a four-prong connector, would I be required to run a new 4-wire electrical line to the breaker panel? Or does it only apply when installing a new electrical line?

Art Harris

Reply to
Art Harris

If you get a new dryer you get the plug to match what you have. You do not need to rewire the socket. Most dryers do not come with a plug on them, they can be set to use either a 3 or 4 wire connector. The installer will put on the connector you need. Many times you can negociate the price of the plug and the exhaust line in the final price.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery