Electric door strike

I am looking for an electric door strike to work in conjunction with a fixed tongue lock. The requirement is for the strike to allow the lock tongue to pass freely when the door is closing but prevent it from opening again unless activated.

All the strikes I have seen so far require that the door lock tongue retract as the door closes to get past the fixed release plate on the strike.

Do these particular strikes have a name, as I am unable to search for one without knowing what it is actually called.

Regards

Rohan

Reply to
Rohan

"Door Release"

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I've never seen one of these. All the ones I've seen work only with a slam lock, not with a dead bolt.

There are a lot of clever guys out there, and I'm sure they could make one, but for a simple guy like me, it sounds a lot more complicated.

They do make wireless things that bolt and unbolt dead locks, with a keychain transmitter. Would this help you?

Oh, yeah. You, too.

These are what I thought he wanted to, but after I r ead his post again, I don't think so.

Reply to
mm

Reply to
Saus29

I have a couple of those locks, and they work well. These are motorized deadbolts (not solenoids), which work with keys also.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

If you are still looking you might try alt.locksmithing

Rohan wrote:

Reply to
Bud--

Good to hear.

Do you know what brand you have, or how much you paid? Or where you got them if it was online, a chain, or anywhere near Baltimore?

A friend suggested it, and I thought it was silly, but six months later I really want one. :)

Reply to
mm