Electric bikes

Joan, I hope you're doing better now. It takes time but you'll get your biking thing back. Small steps

About the motorized bikes though...

Article in this mornings newspaper about motorized bikes and how they are gaining in popularity. They focused on one brand (don't remember the name) but I noticed a LMAO feature that they have.

Get this: "The bike has a USB port so you can charge your phone."

Gary: Ummm ok. So people are so addicted to their phones now that they take them on a bike ride...and might even need to recharge them?

I'm speechless. Maybe it's just time for me to die. It's been a good life. :)

Reply to
Gary

There are more and more long distance biking trails being built, often in more rural settings. I don?t think I?d want to be on one of those without a working, charged cell phone, especially if I was biking alone. You never know when an accident or injury could happen.

Reply to
Jinx the Minx

Yeah, but as I understand it, Joan just wants to be able to ride her (electric) bike in the neighborhood and a nearby park. She's not going to get lost in the wilderness. IIRC the shop where she bought the bike is within three blocks.

Jill

Reply to
jmcquown

Closer, 300 feet from my back door.

Reply to
itsjoannotjoann

I hardly think you'll get lost in the wilderness on your bike. :)

Jill

Reply to
jmcquown

I keep my cellphone in my pocket when I'm mowing the lawn. Just in case I roll the tractor and have to call 911.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Or..."HELP, I've fallen and I can't get up@"

Still, you keep it on all the time so you are also waiting for a text or call. phone addict in denial. ;)

Reply to
Gary

And at least once a week I use it at work for two-factor authentication when I log in. Addict!

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Do you punch in before or after you log in to goggle groups?

Reply to
Andrew Carrick