Eco-friendly house ordered demolished

"[UK] An historic 18th century house on the edge of a National park in north-west England, has been refused classification as a dwelling after tens of thousands were spent installing an off-grid system."

HeyBub

There are those who want The US to be more like Europe. We already have stupid bureaucrats and politicians.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

So...if you use a propane tank to power your stove and a woodstove to heat your house it doesn't qualify as a "dwelling"? Wow. Half the people in my rural upstate NY community must be living in barns, because that's the standard practice around here. There are also quite a few people using solar and wind/water power to stay off the grid as much as possible. These non-"dwellings" aren't dumps, many are worth more than $250K. Guess we should just knock them all down as "blighted". Just goes to prove that bureaucratic idiocy isn't just an American thing.

Reply to
tmclone

They must have been taking lessons from American Home Owners' Associations.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy