Ebay scam?? AMD FX-8320E 4GHz 8-Core Black Edition AM3 Processor FD832EWMHKBOX - BRAND NEW

Last night I came across this deal for AMD FX-8320E 4GHz 8-Core Black Edition AM3 Processor FD832EWMHKBOX - BRAND NEW $19.98 includes shipping.

I've seen deals like this before that didn't last long, and this time I bought it before someone else did. This is just what I've been needing. It won't be here until around July 29. The seller only had one for sale. The seller doesn't have a previous selling record.

The other times I've seen this deal the sellers were new, and didn't have a history of selling.

It's supposed to be in an unopened box.

For $19.98 I figured I can't hardly beat that deal, especially with Paypal's guarantee.

It seems like if it was a ripoff they would have at least tried to sell it for $50.00 or more, unless selling it for under $20.00 makes it not such a serious crime. Makes me wonder if it's stolen.

What do you think?

Have you had an Ebay deal like this that was to good to be true?

Reply to
space cadet

A search just now shows two for

Reply to
dpb

An old Chinese once said, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

There are no cheap or free lunches.

Reply to
redzap78

On a to good of a deal to be true I only buy from sellers that have sold atleast 10 items and they had better have a 100% rating. If they have sold over 100 items, then I drop it to no less than 98%. No matter how good of an item is someone will complain. If I gave away $ 100 bills someone would complain they are too new, or too old.

Sofar everything I have bought has been as expected. A few items were aroun $ 800, but I just got in a used item for $ 1800 and it was nearly perfect even though it was about 20 years old.

That fellow haveing no sells recond and a very inexpensive price would set off red flags for me. I have ordered some electronic items from China and were as advertised. A friend ordered about 10 transistors from China at an inexpensive price and they were all bad. He was only out about $ 20.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Item number or link so we can look at the actual listing?

Reply to
trader_4

I agree it's weird. On the flip side, it takes some work to register an account at Ebay, and it seems that if you're going to scam someone it would be dumb to do it where you wind up with so little when you could just as easily do it for a whole lot more with no more work. I suppose the guy could have 10 other sales he's doing at the same time, he could check that. Also, a new seller doesn't get the money for several weeks, or until the buyer leaves positive feedback. So, I don't see how he collects on a scam like this. Could be the guy just doesn't know what he's doing. Wouldn't be surprised to see him say the item is no longer available or something like that....

Reply to
trader_4

A search for ones that sold shows 5 that sold for ~$20, all saying they are brand new, different sellers, so it's apparently not that unusual. I still don't see why they'd sell them that low though.

Reply to
trader_4

Here's a link to Ebay listing

space cadet

K, it looks just like those other sales, 4 more of them at ~$20 from other sellers. IDK why they'd be selling them so cheap, but for the reasons previously cited, I can't see how it's a scam. Your seller not only has no feedback as a seller, he just joined Ebay a couple days ago. That's always a concern, but on a $20 item on Ebay, I'd probably have bought it too. Like DPB said, you do need to carefully read the description to make sure you haven't missed anything, but it looks OK to me.

Reply to
trader_4

The CPU shows to have shipped on Friday, without a tracking number. Now Ebay has removed the item saying the seller no longer has an account with Ebay, but I might still receive it. I'll wait until Monday afternoon to see if it gets here before I file a complaint. If it doesn't arrive at least it was only $20.00 and I'm sure I will get that back from either Ebay or Paypal, and to be honest, I don't really need it anyway, I just want it.

This quad core computer is plenty fast anyway, but I did want to see how much faster an octa core is.

Reply to
Space Cadet

Weird. IDK how they could collect, why they would try to scam for only $20. But account closed means something isn't right. If you don't get it, you'll get your money back. Thanks for the update.

Reply to
trader_4

How does it show it shipped? Carrier? How was it supposed to ship from the listing? Almost everything has tracking now.

Reply to
trader_4

It said free economy shipping. I thought it said somewhere that it was USPS. Since the seller was new I figured he forgot to get tracking.

I'm including a link to pictures that have a lot of information.

Space Cadet