????Easy Repair????

Recently a plumber came and stopped my bath-tub faucet from leaking. So far so good. The next time I took a shower I noticed that it was easier to turn the cold water knob than the hot water knob. The hot water tap required more force to turn than the cold water tap. My question is: Can a layperson with no plumbing experience like me even out the taps with just a screwdriver and 15 minutes? How does one repair this?

---Thanx

---TConrad

Reply to
omicron6

No, you can't do this with just screw drivers.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
buffalobill

Depends upon how handy you are. Most plumbing things can be done by a high school dropout.

Reply to
scott21230

Yeah, right . . .

Reply to
Joe

buffalobill:

I think I will take your advice. Thanks for everyone's responses.

On a different topic....buffalobill---I read your profile. Says you are in the video game machine business. Just out of curiousity, how many machines did you need in order to break even (not to make a profit, just to break even)?

---Thanx

---TConrad

Reply to
omicron6

the highschool dropout doing plumbing thing was kinda funny. I guess I was skipping school the semester that they had "copper sweating 101".

Education doesn't make you smart, it just means you were forced to read and remember things. Then again, maybe I'm biased... I spent six years in college to meet girls.

Reply to
kellyj00

"You can get all A+ grades in school and still flunk life."

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

"Education doesn't make you smart"

Hands on will give you the how, further education will give you the why. Both are equally needed to succeed.

kenny b

Reply to
kennybs