Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

The US economy has always relies on cheap labour. First it was slaves. Who had no say in the matter.

Then it was sweatshops for deluded immigrants.

Now it's Mexicans. They come because the USA has destroyed their economy.

Reply to
harry

Only $295, 99!!

Inflation you know.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

The last I heard it was more like 8%

We may very well be a net exporter of fossil fuels this year because of CNG

Reply to
gfretwell

Given that the US doesnt buy any Iranian oil..it would appear that the Brits would be freezing to death by the end of next month..as THEY buy Iranian oil

You really are "challenged" as far as history and poltiics goes..arent you?

Pity about that.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

T Boone Pickens is working on that infrastructure problem although you might have to go to a truck stop to fuel up your CNG car. Simply getting trucks and maybe trains on CNG would go a long way towards getting us away from oil.

Reply to
gfretwell

Invented junk food? Oh the Germans and the Europeans did that.

Snicker...I just read that the Home Office is complaining about the obesity problem in the UK

All nations are. Those that can afford them

Cites?

So hows that Mad Cow disease thingy coming along in the UK these days?

So keep on sucking your mates penis. Im sure the contents satisfy you completely.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

So why dont they build steam cars?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

LOTS of vehicles here in California use CNG, cars, trucks, taxi cabs

  1. Lie
Gunner

The English may be a lot of things..but Gourmets and Pervayors of Fine Dining isnt one of them

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

That so? You've been watching Hollywood/Foxnews again.

_US_beef_industry

We know never to trust them. They eat frogs, snails and horsemeat.

Substandard coming from an American....Rich.

Reply to
harry

My car can be re-charged in 20 minutes given the right equipment. As can all of them I think.

Reply to
harry

The grid will run more efficiently on a more constant load. Why do you think smart meters are being installed?

Shutdowns for maintenance take weeks, not a few hours in any event.

Reply to
harry

Twenty minutes Duf, not hours.

Reply to
harry

Back in the sixties there was a whole range of similar hydroelastic cars of different sizes.

We had one of these.

harry

Mexico ever had an economy?

Reply to
gfretwell

OVER the world

controlled and were

Do you ever pull your head out of your ass? You better be worried about North Korea, instead of 70 year old V2s.

Using the two Telemetry Earth stations built by Microdyne/L3-Com a few miles from here. One fixed, one mobile. I was involved in both systems.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

By the time I got done with my $299 paint job at Maaco it was $700 ... but it did come out nice.

They threw in a "detail" for the right to use these pictures in an ad

Reply to
gfretwell

Their food leaks oil, like everything else they do.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

1) Poor thermodynamic efficiency (Stanleys and Dobles could get away with very low efficiencies, because IC engines at the time weren't much better) 2) High cost

3) High maintenance

Reply to
Ed Huntress

$290 dollars to degrease it, $5.99 to paint it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell