Volt stick.

Changed a PIR security light today, like for like job. old one was stuck on all the time.

Check the switched 'off' light with my volt stick, no red glow. Turned the light 'on' to ensure volt stick was working, still no red glow. Tested the voltstick on two other lights & it worked fine.

Measured L &N on the incoming supply & DMM read 80v. Killed the power to be on the safe side & did the job.

No problem as such but I wondered why the volt stick didn't work & where the

80v came from?
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Was it an integrated PIR & light, or was it a seperate PIR feeding the light?

Toby..

Reply to
Toby

Integrated. i.e floodlight with PIR below it, one unit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman