Drywalling Question

Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement. I don't want to spend the money on a drywall Gun. Is there an attachment that you can put on a regular drill that achieves the same thing?

Thanks,

Reply to
SteveC

$2 drywall bit will do.

Reply to
Mike

Like this one?

SteveC

Or the one with the built in clutch release?

SteveC

Spend the money on the drywall gun.

I picked up a Dewalt from HD for around $60. The drywall bit for a normal drill was almost half that, looked like it might last one job if I was lucky, and lacked the depth adjustment.

And don't run a drywall screw through your finger. It hurts.

-rev

SteveC wrote:

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

"SteveC" wrote in news:vfUXg.5037$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Go to:

Search for "drywall dimpler"

and/or "drywall setter"

Reply to
Morvin Stayner

Second this suggestion. It's like $5 for a bag of four I think and they work very well in an ordinary cordless drill / driver after a minute of practice. I sheetrocked my 20'x32' shop with them with no issues.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

If your paying $30 per drywall bit then I have some swamp land, perfect to build on, available for sale!

Reply to
Mike

"Pete C." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@snet.net:

Third that suggestion for occasional projects of reasonable size.

Not sure what a few rooms is. A basement I had once had one room...but it was 1300 sf.

Reply to
Al Bundy

A lot?

Or

Lowes

Willshak

No, but you really don't need it. Get a drywall bit to help.

Reply to
jeffc

Whaaaaa???? They cost about $2. I wouldn't buy a gun for one job, that's weird.

Reply to
jeffc

Yes, there is. I have seen two models, a fancy magnetic attachment that seems a little prone to breaking down - runs for about $25CDN or an inexpensive plain drywall bit for about $3CDN. I believe they are both available at Home Depot, so there is a good chance they are available pretty much everywhere.

Carolyn

Reply to
carolyn

This is the one I have. Works awesome. Home Depot has them.

Reply to
Brian V