drywall repair question

Had to fill in a few big nail/screw holes in a house we recently moved into. The walls have a texture like orange peel. After I spackled the holes shut, the repair area is much flatter than the surrounding wall surface. Is there a good way to restore that "orange peel" to spots?

Reply to
John

"John" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Have you painted the patch yet?

I've found drywall primer applied with a roller, followed by a good paint (rolled on as well) leave a nice textured surface.

NJBrad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

Assuming you're repainting those walls....Take a little of the paint you are going to do the walls with and mix a few pinches of dry patching plaster into it until you've got a thin paste. (I've also used regular kitchen flour for this.) Apply the paste by dabbing it on with a small stiff bristle brush. A little experimenting will enable you to duplicate that "orange peel" finish well enough so that only you will know where the repaires spots are.

Good luck,

Jeff

-- Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Jeff Wisnia

Common ,honestly , do you expect anybody to answer you correctly . Yes if you are a moron , no if you are an ASS hole

Reply to
mark Ransley

"John" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I have had success with a damp sponge and some drywall compound. Takes a bit of practice, but the end result was just fine.

Reply to
Murray Peterson

a thick nap roller while painting will give you the orange peel effect. or apply a liberal amount of compound and use the roller to achieve the best results.

Reply to
Genemy

Plonk

Reply to
Erik Ahrens

Damn, you beat me to it Erik...

Jeff (Who is not really sure if that guy was addressing his remarks to me or not...)

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia