Pock marks in Orange Peel drywall texture

I sprayed drywall texure for orange peel finish on walls using a larger texturizing machine over a wall that had been previously painted and primed. When texture dried, I noticed that there are several pock marks in the texure. It is like the spray blotches caved in in many areas when the spray texture dried. I have never had this happen before. I was using a Graco RTX1500 that is much more powerful than hopper/compressor outfit I have used before. Anyone have this problem when spraying texture and if so, what causes this and how did you take care of problem?

I have read through post and did not see anything about pock marks in the actual spray texture on walls. Adding liquid dish detergent to joint compound was suggested (or a commercial product) for eliminating pock marks when taping and coats prior to spraying texture, but did not see any reference to pock marks in the actual texture. Would adding dishsoap help when applying the orange peel texture or would this interfere with paint.

Reply to
RickC

What are pock marks? Do you mean air bubbles that popped? Post a link to a picture if you can...If it is air you are talking about then yes that is common when going over painted surfaces with a heavy coat of joint compound and nothing will stop it .You just have to go back over everything with a tight skimcoat when mudding which you can't do with texture. Maybe you are putting it on to heavy .Lemon Joy was used by some to remove air from joint compound over NEW drywall years ago (pre-power mixing , Gaint Potatoe Masher days ..LOL) but never heard of using it with paint and texture though.Doesn't mean it won't work but in my 20 years of drywall I've never heard of it....Let me know how it turns out. Never to old to learn something new...LOL

Reply to
benick