Drywall patching in the bathroom

What paint and spackle should I be using in my bathroom?? Two years ago, I replaced a towel bar right next to my shower, yanking out the wall anchors, patching, priming and painting the holes, then moving the new bar down the wall a bit. But the paint is now peeling in a way I've never seen with latex. Did I use the wrong spackling compound or the wrong pait or both???

Reply to
higgins

Is the paint peeling "just" where you patched or "around" the holes you patched? If it's peeling just at the patched holes, sand them, repaint them and don't fog up the bathroom for at least 12 hours. You use the term "spackle" are you sure you didn't use "waterproof" white silicon caulk? Xeno

Reply to
Xeno Chauvin

no, I used Dap "whatever" drywall spackling compound that I had leftover from another job. Vinyl, probably.

Reply to
higgins