dryer

I have a dryer that keeps emitting a high-pitched squeaking noise every few seconds.

I'm not sure why.

Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix it?

Reply to
bob

"The squeaking wheel gets the grease"

Reply to
HeyBub

Bearing going bad on the belt tensioner, if you ask a question like this, the repair is way out of your league unless you are super handy and have a box full of tools. How old is the dryer?

snipped-for-privacy@coolgroups.com wrote:

Reply to
chuckster

My dryer makes a high pitched sound when the lint trap is dirty

Reply to
RBM

Belt?

Animal stuck?

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

UNPLUG IT BEFORE YOU START! Maytags have a pair of rollers in the back that carry the drum. The bearings dry out and squeek. You get to them from the front by removing the front cover and manifold. You will usually find enough loose change to make it worth the trip. Make sure you make a picture of the belt routing if you are pulling the drum out. I wrote it on the base with a sharpie marker. Replacing the rollers is the loing term fix since these are oil impregnated bearings but a good coat of bearing grease will last for awhile. Simply oiling them will not last very long, maybe a year

Reply to
gfretwell

. Depends on the make/model. Type of bearings? Is the drum or the fan that's squeaking? Had one Kenmore where the drum belt tension pulley squeaked incessantly no matter how much oiled! Reached by lying on the concrete floor and reaching in with an oiler! Finally ran a small tube down to the pulley and lubed frequently; after a while didn't dry out cos enough lube on it. Didn't squeak then for over three years. Your mileage may vary depending on the machine!

Reply to
terry