drill bit

what is the most durable brand of screwdriver electric drill bit? correct email is snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Reply to
Frank Thompson

None last forever; it is better to wear out a bit than strip a screw .. I buy mine from Lee Valley.

Given a choice, I use square drive screws.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The bits are expendables. You buy them by the dozen and just replace them as needed, They are cheap.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I'm sure that you mean screw driver tip, not drill bit. There are many fine brands. One of the best is Apex brand, available at commercial tool stores. Go to a commercial drywall supplier, McFeeley's, commercial tool store, commercial lumber yard. If you are breaking very many tips you have cheap tips or you are doing it wrong. None will last forever, but you should get substantial service if you have the proper gun and technique.

DanG

Drill bit??? Most drillbit lives are dependent on the user.

If you drill concrete and love to feel heat and burning its not going to last very long. Same thing applies with other materials you drill.

Speed can kill drillbits!

Reply to
BocesLib

Reply to