Drain rooter cutting heads

When I used a clog buster pressure jet under the kitchen sink, a bunch of black junk came up into the tub ~20' away. I remember a cleanout on the end of the kitchen line and the bathroom line from the last time I was under the house.

I'm going to find a plumber with a small drain rooter that can be taken down into my crawlspace. And want to inquire about the best cutter head for knocking rusty scale type material from the interior of the pipe.

Do any of these type heads look better than the others for that purpose?

Stumpy

Let the plumber decide what to use.

Reply to
Vic Smith

He will. The previous times I've had to call a plumber they have always used a twin blade root cutter. I don't have roots in that location, and I haven't found a 1" diameter rotary hammer that would fit on a 50' cable.

Reply to
Stumpy

I'm going to a surgeon, and I want to inquire what about the best surgical insturments.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Motor cycle: Let those who ride, decide.

Drain: Let those who ream, who ream, uh, team? Steam? What rhymes with ream?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The job is done.

He just used a standard side cutter head similar to this one:

It didn't matter all that much anyway, was just a sludgy grease type plug. The cast iron was not rusting shut. I'm just a pessimist.

Reply to
Stumpy