drain pipe

There is a perforated drain pipe jutting out from the corner of my crawlspace:

(the photo is tilted; click on "original" for a closer look)

It is apparently clogged or partially clogged because as you can see, there is a puddle of water right next to it. Judging from the mud lodged on the wash rock under it, it must have worked sometime in the past.

Is there anyway to find out how long the perforated portion is before it connects to a non-perforated storm drain? I want to make sure that length is clear (with a snake or a hose) because I'm worry the perforated portion may be attacked by tree roots in my yard. The house was built in 1984 in seattle.

Reply to
peter

Video survey will answer question, but that is 300 bucks at roto rooter. Suggest you find DIY books on foundation and house perimeter drainage systems. Yours looks like it was a total afterthought, and not installed correctly, and possibly cut at some point.

Reply to
Roger