double oven circuit size

I thought 30 amp # 10 should be plenty. Help.

Reply to
Gary and Karla

Normally it is 40 or 50a. That info should be with the oven. If you put in a 30a, it is just a matter of using just one oven at a time. ;^)

Reply to
toller

Look at the wattage on the nameplate of the oven. Divide by 220V and you have amps. For example if the rating is 8kW (or 8kVA) and the voltage is

220 then the current required is 36A so go 10% higher and round up to 40A.

Not sure what gague wire is required for the 40A ckt but it should be easy enough to look up.

Reply to
AutoTracer

More like 25% higher.

Reply to
Kim

We are going to put one in our kitchen. Most of the ovens we looked at require #6 wire with a 50 amp two-pole CB.

Reply to
mike60510

Most clothes dryers (well, the electric only ones) 30 amp circuits. The ranges I've worked on have been 50 amps.

But, who uses all the circuits at once? Only on thanksgiving. Just order pizza, and be done with it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon