Donating Kitchen Cabinets???

I've heard you can donate cabinets (and other home fixtures) for re- sale to the less fortunate rather than put them out for the trash haulers and add to a landfill. I'm having trouble finding a website or info for the Washington DC metro area.

Any pointers?? THanks!

--Jeff

Reply to
JB

Try your local Habitat for Humanity

Reply to
Jeff Cohen

Habitat for Humanity is probably a good place to start.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Also see if there's a freecycle group nearby:

Doug Miller

Mike Paulsen

Yup...that did it. They have a link to "ReStore". Free pickup!

Thanks.

--Jeff

Reply to
JB

a real quick way (to get rid of them) is put them on craigslist with a picture. i put my old cabinets on cl and they were gone in about 5 min.

Reply to
jthread

JB wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

When I remodeled my kitchen I donated the cabinets, countertop, sink and faucet to St. Vincent de Paul.

Dee

Reply to
Dee