Dog poo DNA

Saw something this morning I never heard of. An apartment complex in our county has a new regulation.

All renters in the complex with a dog have to take it to be swabbed for DNA and the results will go into a national data base.

If a pet owner does not clean up after their dog samples will be taken, analyzed, and the owner fined $100 for first infraction.

I guess many places now do this. One person said where they live it went from the grass being a real shit house to extremely clean, not a turd to be found.

Reply to
Ed P

The dems want to defund the police. The dems hire soft-on-crime prosecutors and judges. The dems don't want to prosecute shoplifters. The dems let violent criminals out of prison. The dems allow illegals to cross the border unimpeded. The dems don't want to prosecute voter fraud.

Butt...if Fluffy drops a deuce on a lawn, suddenly the dems demand the heavy hand of the law?

Reply to
Skid Marks

Interesting rant but you may have the wrong party. Most of the people doing this are in a heavily red state that likes restrictive laws.

Reply to
Ed P

I wonder how much the test costs?

I also wonder if they are testing the microbiome's DNA, which is unique to each intestine

Blame us for what you do.

" He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." Share this Quote Albert Einstein Read more at

Dean Hoffman

I mentioned no party but Skid Marks made a stupid assumption based on pure prejudice, not facts. Don't blame me for what he did. Notice, I said "may" because we don't know.

Reply to
Ed P

Woudln't it be better if you just ignored T and Skid and Snag?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I did Ancestry's a few years ago. Think it is about $50. I sent spit back to them and with a dog you would probably just swab the mouth. DNA shows up in anything body sheds. But, maybe if the dog ate chicken, poop would be chicken shit.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

They would need to pay me a lot more than $ 50. for my DNA ! :-)

Police are now solving old cold-cases by using the DNA data banks to search for _relatives_ of the perp's DNA - and narrowing it down from there.

There are also some wonderful stories about adoptees finding half-sibs etc through the DNA services. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I don't think I've made up my mind about Snag yet, but otherwise, that's what I do. And Frank. and of course peeler and bowman and maybe some others.

Reply to
micky

Yes, I have seen this about criminals.

I also had a situation where I was contacted by an adopted cousin who was trying to find his mother and father. Turned out he was the illegitimate son of one of my uncles daughters. She had died a while back but even her older living brother did not know about it. She had married later and had other children.

Other funny story is about daughter in laws sister who is a member of the DAR, daughters of the American revolution, and had her DNA tested to find 2% African. She told their mother and father to get tested to see who it came from. I asked my daughter in law what she thought and she said it means one of her ancestors was adventuresome.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

.. and yet you voluntarily _pay_ your hard earned money - to the unknown uncontrolled DNA data companies - - to add your ultimately precious & personal DNA data forever for whatever use .. to their profit charts ... I hope they gave you a massage or something ? John T.

Reply to
hubops

I've been watching some of those reality type detective shows. Two wrongfully convicted brothers served over 20 years each for murder. Another guy was in jail under similar circumstances. All three were freed.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Lewis wrote that long before DNA testing was even a pipe dream. For anyone who has never read Lewis, the book is much more acidic than the Wikipedia write up conveys.

23andMe played a little game a few years back where almost everyone had at least '0.10% Broadly Sub-Saharan' in the report. You can change the confidence level on a scale from Conservative (90) to Speculative (50). Once you're past 60 on the speculative end that gets lumped into 'Unassigned'.

Another quirk is they say my paternal haplogroup is extremely rare 1 in

250,000 23andMe customers share your haplogroup assignment.

However the haplogroup occurs in about 33% of the males in Denmark and Sweden, and 15% of the men in Germany. That says something either about their customer base or their math skills.

Sadly, "we could not detect any Indigenous American ancestry for your DNA at this time." so I guess Elizabeth Warren isn't a relative.

It's fun but you need to take it with a 10 lb bag of salt.

Reply to
rbowman

I stopped worrying about stuff like that long ago. Unless you live like Ted Kaczynski in a shack out in Lincoln you are the product. Even that didn't work out for him after his brother ratted him out.

Reply to
rbowman

Meh. I leave DNA wherever I go. The unknown uncontrolled DNA data companies can just follow me around and collect it.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Nope, if it looks like dog shit and smells like dog shit and tastes like dog shit, it's pure Democrat.

Reply to
Slevin

It was worth it even though it just confirmed what i already knew. Did find I was 100% European descent. If any of your relatives are in the data base and you were to commit a crime and they found DNA they may be able to trace it to you through them.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Put your fingers in your ears and chant na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na as long as needed.

Reply to
Oscar