Does every clothes dryer get hot inside.

Is tumbling hard on clothes? Not human tumbling wearing clothes, but tumbling in the dryer. Especially shirts.
Is excessive tumbling hard on clothes?
Does it always get hot inside the dryer when you have the temp set for warm or hot air, not plain air?
Where I'm staying, the little dryer has only two temperaturs, controlled by a push button and represented by a full sun and half-set sun.
The first time I did my laundry, I was afraid half a sun would be too hot and it would damage my shirts, or even the elastic in my underwear. At home, I have 4 or 5 temperatures plus "air' and I use the lowest that isn't air, and it still seems hot inside the dryer, when I reach in for clothes. I usually don't let the dryer dry the clothes completely, because once my shirts looked bad when I did that, iirc. I also don't remember if it had a permanent bad effect on the shirts or not (I don't iron anymore so they have to look nearly decent when they dry.)
So that's why I was afraid to use half-a-sun, and I dried all my clothes on the line. (They have a very nice system in this n'hood. About 6 lines 2 inche apart from each other, about a yard long, and all of it hidden by a stone wall with the stones arranged so there are holes. (Unlike some n'hoods where you can see the whole family's clothes all over the back balcony or even iirc from the window.)
The clothes dried fine on the line but the next time I was in a hurry. I tried both positions, and it never got hot inside the dryer. Not the slightest. And my clothes didn't seem to dry. So I took them all out and spread them over the back seat of the car, then went away for a couple days.
They dried fine on the back seat, but when I asked about this, my landlady said it takes 40 minutes. So the next time I let the clothes dry for 35 minutes. For some reason I had to stop then. They were still "humid", cool to the touch. No water seeping out, but I doubt they was water seeping out when I took 'em out of the washer. (I'll pay more attention next time.) IIRC, my sta-press shirts can dry in half that time at home. I let the clothes dry on the bed this time. Same thing the next time.
But I wonder if 40 or 50 minutes or 2 hours of tumbling will have a greater wear factor on the shirts than 20 minutes, or haning on the line. ???
FWIW, the dryer goes one direction for a couple minutes, pauses for 5 or 10 seconds and then reverses.
<Snip>

Are you serious??
On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 2:42:35 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Washers do that. I didn't remember dryers doing that but maybe I just didn't pay attention.

Some do that after the drying sequence is over to keep the clothes from "settling", so to speak, and develop wrinkles.

Yep. Plus it does it on air-only - no heat. Delicate/Permanent Press cycles always have an extra cool-down at the end for 5+ minutes. John T.
On 4/20/2017 1:56 PM, Micky wrote:

Yes, except for "air dry" it gets warm. Dries faster that way. Never noticed any excessive wear from drying.

Have not used a line for years. Bird crap, pollen, cold in the winter. They come out softer from the dryer anyway and less labor. Never tried the back set of my car though.

Never saw tht happen but European design may be different.

Yeah, it's like my dryer having 5 temperature settings, all of them air and all the same temp.
I think her dryer is broken, but given that it sits on the washer and even if I got it down there's no room to move it around and I might not get it back up, and the other problems, I'm not goiung to offer to fix it.
The question is whether to tell her its broken.

Me neither, until this time. But I have used the shwoer bar when the dryer was broken. The clothes do seem stifffer at first but later it seems the same.

Here the winters are mild, the roof of the building covers it, and it's clsoe to the dryer.

This is why it's supposed to be drying. I think when the time is up, it just stops. My own dryer only goes in one direction but it spins for about 10 seconds every 5 or 10 minutes, about 10 times, to keep the clothes from getting wrinkled.
Her washer also took about an hour iirc, even though I chose the shortest wash time, 20 minutes. Mine takes 45 though that's partly because when it's sitting there doing nothing, I advance it a notch, and it does the next thing.. Hers was so un-obvious even after her explanation I dl'd the manual, partly to be learn what those strange symbols mean** and even that was confusing, something about pre-wash.
**It had one line over the water for something, two lines for something else, a 3rd kind of water for something else. Why can't they just make eveyone learn English.

Good lord. I thought I'd heard it all!!!!! But it IS Mikey.
On 20-Apr-2017, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

+50 I am never sure his postings are trolls or *what*
On 04/20/2017 01:56 PM, Micky wrote:

Hint: The answer to your question is found on your dryer's lint screen.
On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 1:56:18 PM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

Try this experiment:
1 - Sit in a chair for 6 hours. 2 - Roll down a hill for 20 minutes 3 - Roll down a hill for 40 or 50 minutes 4 - Roll down a hill for 2 hours
Which one of those steps wore you out more?