Does Alien Tape work to put an outlet strip high up on typical painted wallboard

Does Alien Tape work to put an outlet strip higher on a normal wall?

My friend called me and asked if she could put Alien Tape on the wall. She wants to hold up an electric outlet charging strip so she doesn't have to bend over to plug things into the wall outlets.

The box says it stick to anything but I have my doubts about efficacy. Especially for a charging strip which will have cords hanging off it.

Anyone ever removed alien tape from a painted wallboard wall? Does it rip the wallboard cardboard covering off?

Reply to
Frankie

I don't t ink it's so much the weight of the cord, but that people will pull on the cord to remove it from the socket, or they'll pull on the appliance and the cord when they move it somewhere, or the appliance will fall off the table while plugged in and pull the strip down with it.

Why not screw it to the walll, or even the table.

No but I removed an alien once who was trying to climb my the wall of house to eat a bird on the gutter. Aliens like birds becausae they are a popular food on their home planet.

Reply to
micky

n Thu, 19 Oct 2023 22:53:59 +0300, Frankie posted for all of us to digest...

Don't know, never used it.

Understood

You are probably correct.

I have seen other tape removed from drywall, depended on preparation and paint quality.

Does the strip have holes for screws on the back? Usually do. U Tube vids show how to get the spacing correct.

What devices is she putting on the strip. Not high wattage devices like heaters; I hope.

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz