DIY Home alarms

Anyone had any experience or recommendations on installing a home alarm. I mean a serious alarm to monitor 25 zone, with fire, smoke, motions, 2 keypads, dial up to monitoring service or pager,

your thoughts appreciated

Reply to
JASONST

I did a hard-wired, UL-approved alarm installation similar to this for my first house, only to discover there was no discount from the monitoring services for a pre-installed alarm. They would have been just as happy to install the complete system for less than it cost me in parts.

Get a quote from Brinks, ADT, and Protection One if they are in your area. Honeywell has an excellent residential alarm system product, too, but they seem to be priced out of the market here for some reason.

HTH.

Reply to
Travis Jordan