dishwasher problem

Got a Kenmore dishwasher that quit on me. Seems the timer does not move on its own anymore. Is this difficult to replace? Need any "special" tools or anything?

Thanks, Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

Suggest call Sears.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Hi,

Kenmore is made by several different companies..model#?

model# helps.

If the timer is not moving at all, confirm the timer is receiving

110-120 volts AC to the timer motor....if yes and no movement = new timer or get your old timer rebuilt time.

Not normally overly difficult at all ( power off first ) and no special tools normally required :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Hi Jeff, Model # is 363.1404896 and timer # is WD21X0776. Power is getting to the timer. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
Sarge

Way out of warranty so for what Sears would charge to come out, I could buy a new one. The part is only $53.00.

Reply to
Sarge

I meant call service and try asking how difficult it might be...

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Ohhhhh! Hey, good idea.. I suppose someone down there might give me some info. Sorry, I totally misunderstood you.

Reply to
Sarge

Hi,

A GE built Kenmore d/w.

commonly used in GE brands dishwashers.

Timer knob will pull straight off, remove inner door liner ( all screws around the outer edge ) to access the timer. It should have 2-3 screws holding it in place and there will be a cam gear on the old timer that will have to be taken off and reinstalled on the new timer, the cam gear just pulls off and pushes back on.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Thanks a bunch, Jeff !!

Timer commonly used in GE brands dishwashers.

Reply to
Sarge

Your welcome!! :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid