Dishwasher problem

Hi,

Hi have a Kenmore (what I thought was a high end dishwasher), Paid

1100.00CA$ for it.

It's about two years old, and the bottom rack's dishes are allways squiky clean, but the top one, there is allways residue that are dried on it (I allways use air dry).

I checked to see if the top sprayer was clogged and it's not, could the problem be the pump... since the bottom looks to work OK.

Thanks.

Reply to
Yves

Are you using liquid detergents? If yes.... that is your problem.

Reply to
Art

No... powder.

"Art" a écrit dans le message de news: imQQh.134275$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Reply to
Yves

"Always" is spelled w/ only one "L", btw... :)

The correlation between dishwasher performance and initial cost isn't very strong. As much as I disagree w/ many of Consumers' Reports analyses of products, their basic testing of dishwasher performance is pretty worthwhile looking at. Perhaps your model is in one of their rankings and you might find out if this is a generic problem that way.

I fail to follow the logic in the suggestion of detergent type having to do w/ residue remaining from a incomplete rinse as I interpret the symptoms you describe. If it were not cleaning, that might have some effect, but if it is that there is residue carried over and not rinsed, that's not going to be affected imo.

You might try a better pre-rinse and see what difference that makes -- less residue to start with means less has to be taken out...

Reply to
dpb

How did you determine that the top sprayer was not clogged, even partially?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Does the top rack have a sprayer above and another attached below it?

Check the seal at the back where the pipe on the rack meets the hole. Make sure to push the top rack all the way back and don't rely on the door to push it in.

Check the coverage - Place a glass upwards in the middle and corners of the top rack and the bottom rack and check how they are filling just after the start of the wash cycle. I assume if you open the door quickly the entire washer is dripping with water all around the top?

If you still suspect the top rack sprayer then take out the rack and connect a garden hose - you might find it sticks or there's some food in there or something.

It might be just the way you're stacking your glasses and flatware - I assume you have mostly glasses on top and not bowls encrusted with oatmeal ;-) ?

PK

Reply to
PK

A little splash of white vinegar in the bottom of the unit before each wash does wonders.

Reply to
RayV

"Yves" wrote

== I had this problem on my high end Bosch--When I took the upper arm assembly out to clean it, I discovered a crack in the plastic flow tower all along one side seam. This is the plastic piece that runs up the back of the DW and carries water to the top spray arm/rack. Yeah, you'd think they could use better plastic in these $1000.+ things, eh? As it turns out, Bosch (or whomever makes Bosch now) is making some of the Kenmore high end DWs and they do have a model with the same plastic tower in it. Does this look like your dishwasher?

Gini

"Yves" wrote in news:EfOQh.252521$ snipped-for-privacy@fe09.news.easynews.com:

1100CA (950US) for a dishwasher?!!!!! Unless it clears the table, washes them then puts them away, that's insane. Those are a LOT more expensive though...a lot :-)
Reply to
Al Bundy

Exactly my question since it sure sounds like that is the problem

Reply to
Jackson

I removed it, and reinstalled it.

"JoeSpareBedroom" a écrit dans le message de news: ThRQh.6165$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny...

Reply to
Yves

No,

Not exactly.

"Gini" a écrit dans le message de news: tsWQh.5543$5x6.4590@trndny02...

Reply to
Yves

This is why I asked the Sears salesman if I could buy the dishwasher on the floor that had the clear plastic front. That why when something broke inside you could see what it was.

Reply to
Art