Dishwasher and dog

Shave the dog.

Reply to
Phisherman

I'm on the fourth KA in about 40 years. Each is better than the previous. Present one is four years now, not a problem and the only less than perfect dish was a couple of times they were not loaded properly and water could not get to the surface. Only rinsing is a quick psst under the water to get big stuff off, or if it is not going to run right away to get any potential smelly stuff off.

Never had a dog hair clog either.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's good to hear. Ours was so old it was back when Hobart made them. I know they got sold out. The guy said they are still good. If I had extra cash I would of got one. But I could buy 4 or 5 GE's for the price of one KA.

The GE works well and is very quite. $380.00. ;-) We have one of those open designed living/dining/kitchen area so quite was a priority.

Olddog

Reply to
olddog

"olddog" wrote

I think it's a matter of level. I dont have much on them but grease etc by the time they go in there. I dont exactly pre-wash them, but a little rinsing before adding, yes.

Dishwashers are one of the things wit a fairly short life expectancy. I gather 7 years is some sort of average but we've been lucky I guess as most seem to last about 11 for us.

Dunno, but it sounds too odd to be true to me.

Reply to
cshenk

The last time I got dog hair in my dishwasher, I tried to wash my dog in there. The new dishwasher works better, and I don't have many dreams as often of the dog screaming ..........

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

My nephew is going in the dw if he keeps it up. ;-)

Just kidding...don't call social services

Reply to
olddog

...and that is done by PRE-RINSING the dishes off into the garbage disposal in most areas. Dog hair counts as a hard item.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Tip: they can only call social services if you turn it ON. Just say the kid was playing, and got locked in. If there's water in there, they know someone turned it on from the outside. An hour or so in there gives them a lot of time to reflect and readjust. And if it don't, the next time, just the threat will get them to be good.

For a while, anyway. After that, there's always dark basements, sheds, and other isolation attitude adjustment booths. Read 1984. Everyone has their biggest fear.

Just kidding. But it works.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Rat cage strapped to the head. I'll think about it. Hmmmm... "You want something to cry about!"

That would make everything else seems pretty damn good.

Olddog

Reply to
olddog

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Amanda wrote: I rinse my plates every time, I don't allow the dogs to eat any people food, especially off of dishes, and I wash all dishes and toys by hand or in the washing machine. I still get small amounts of hair on the blade, which ends up blocking the tiny exit enough that water recirculates food particles. I have to take the whole dishwasher apart to clean the grinder, about a 2 hour job. So now I'm going to buy one that does not have a grinder and only has a filter.

Reply to
Amanda

On Thu 25 May 2017 01:14:23p, Amanda told us...

We never rinse our dishes, but only scrape off any major residue. We have a Bosch dishwasher that has no grinder, but does have triple filtration. Bosch recommends against pre-rinsing anything that does in their machines. We have four cats that all have short hair. I have never seen hair in or dishwasher. Our cats live indoors 24/7 and eat their own food from their own Corelle bowls. I have no reservations about washing their bowls with our regular load of dishes. We always run the dishwasher on its "Sanitize" cycle.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

replying to Pat, RobbD wrote: Buy a Bosch.

Reply to
RobbD

replying to cshenk, RobbD wrote: This is our 2nd Bosch dishwasher. Our first Bosch was over 20 years old and was still in perfect working condition when we sold the house it was in., Neither Bosch ever required a repair. We never rinse dishes. I clean the filter weekly, and use a dishwasher cleaner monthly. With proper maintenance a really good dishwasher will last many years. Overall, it pays to never buy a cheap dishwasher.

Reply to
RobbD