Did they change treated lumber AGAIN?

I asked you yesterday to list the various professions in YOUR family. No answer yet. Why are you ashamed to tell us?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Without data to back up your statements, they are now delusions.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And, you are professionally involved in this type of research....HOW?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That's a nice belief, but 54% of the country is known to be stupid. Do their kids deserve to be the victims of parental ignorance?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Until the recent spate of recalls, did you expect that modern toys would have lead paint on them?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It used to be only 8%, but then the government protected them which allowed them to reproduce. It's time to thin the herd :-)

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Hopefully before the next poll (also known as the presidential election).

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And that pretty much summarizes the paternalistic viewpoint of the modern Democrat party. Them darn citizens are too dumb for their own good, so we need to run things for them.

-- "Tell me what I should do, Annie." "Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

Reply to
Rick Blaine

In , JoeSpareBedroom wrote in part:

Let's say lots of exposure to ocean water in 1942, and I have a table with that day saying anywhere from .003 to .024 ppm then. I surely doubt anyone even with heavy exposure to ocean water and high seafood consumption had any ill effects from the arsenic there. So I would think tere is a safe amount.

I am also amazed that people think of formaldehyde as something so dangerous that zero tolerance is required. Better not eat any live green plants being exposed to light then - formaldehyde is the output of the first chemical reaction of photosynthesis.

Don Klipstein

I have a tendency to blame government for most all things. It comes from experience :)

I'm perfectly happy to accept Mr. Allison's statement since it means that the change still wasn't instigated by "competent parents".

Reply to
dadiOH

Isn't that amazing? The same people have no clue that water, salt or a million other substances will kill you if you injest too much. Hence the girl who died after that water drinking radio contest a few months ago.

-- "Tell me what I should do, Annie." "Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

Reply to
Rick Blaine

Of course, it also implicates the trial lawyers and the "nanny-ness" of the self-appointed protectors of us all in that it still doesn't appear to be based on any actual demonstrated excessive risk...

--

Reply to
dpb

I remember Penta, in fact I think I have a few gallons of it in my garage yet. Before that there was Creosote, which seems to have always worked. Heck, my original barn is built from posts that are creosote coated power poles. The barn was built in the 60's. The posts were probably used power poles. All but one of them is still in great shape. (One was rotten at the ground level and I had to install another post next to it and bolt them together). These poles are probably 60 or more years old. They also banned creosote, (except for power poles). I really could never understand how coal tar could be so toxic. Although creosote is pretty messy. I agree on the paint, but underground that dont help (as in posts).

What gets me is that I have never met any person that eats lumber. Yet, I have had horses chew up (the old) treated wood adn they never died from it. These days I only use hardwood around them, or cover the treated wood with metal. So, while we people that dont eat lumber are now safe if we do, we will in 10 years or so, fall to our deaths when the nails fail on our upper porches, and if that dont happen, ConAgra will kill us with their constantly contaminated food of late.

By the way, I looked at one board that I have near the house and it says C2 C9. I assume that means copper treatment, thus needs the special fastners. This is NOT the stuff I just bought which is not put away at the moment.

************___________________ ************
Reply to
alvinamorey

probably best to outlaw all fasteners but stainless, to prevent confusion.

dont laugh regulators MUST justify their jobs, or get unemployeed.

altough I agree with banmning known hazards, better safe than sorry espically around kids

Reply to
hallerb

According to JoeSpareBedroom :

I'm sure that more than one person has met their end by being clunked with a piece of cedar.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

JoeSpareBedroom

Sic semper personal responsibility :(

Reply to
dadiOH

Umm...we're supposed to know what's in a couch? Not buy couches?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

text -

It's kind of a funny problem.

We want kids not to burn to death, so we put fire retardants in their pajamas.

We want kids not to be cut by broken glass, so we make all their stuff out of plastic.

It seems like everything we do to protect kids from the dangers we know exposes them to dangers we don't know.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Aye! There are places where the water supply contains more arsenic than you could get off the lumber and that amount meets government safety regs.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K