Dewalt XRP batteries in the cold

Hi,

My wife bought me as a gift a DeWalt XRP combo kit. She bought it around Th anksgiving and has kept it in the garage (Philly) climate until now. The te mperature has been below zero several time. So I'm wondering: did the batte ries get damaged in the cold? Or are they designed to withstand it?

Thanks!

Sam

Reply to
sam.takoy

Can't comment on DeWalt, but my Mikata 18V lithium ion rides in my truck all year long, the first batteries went over 5 years despite winters that went below -30C and hot summers. The original batteries are still okay but a new set brought new life and power to it.

You should be okay

Reply to
PV

pimecell.com does a excellent job and the new cells are far higher capacity than the original ones. they weld not solder the tabs to the cells. soldering heats the cells and can degrade them.....

Reply to
bob haller

So, welding happens at what temperature?

.

pimecell.com does a excellent job and the new cells are far higher capacity than the original ones. they weld not solder the tabs to the cells. soldering heats the cells and can degrade them.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is she not happy with the progress you're making on the honey-do list? She bought you some power tools so you'd get the shit done?

Maybe you should buy her a DC500 vacuum cleaner and a toilet brush mounted on a DCS380B reciprocating saw for her birthday?

Pthirus Pubis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think you mean "Primecell". They do an excellent job. ======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Reply to
Ron in NY

I think Bob means "Primecell". ======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Reply to
Ron in NY

========================= =======

primecell yes. they are really great

Reply to
bob haller

Room, of course.

Reply to
krw

Or maybe she thinks he'll appreciate a new toy. My wife used to do that but I bought all the "easy" toys years ago. Once one has a dozen cordless drills, more aren't appreciated as much. ;-)

Ironing board. Works great! ;-)

Reply to
krw