dehumidifier

My sear unit died by spilling water, what is a good one with a drain for a basement

Reply to
allan

I've had a couple of Whirlpool dehumidifiers in my basement for several years, and been quite happy with them.

I also had an Admiral dehumidifier that I bought used, in about 1989. It was probably already eight or ten years old when I bought it -- and it died just last month. Don't know yet if the Whirlpools will last that long.... :-)

Reply to
Doug Miller

You can find a little automatic pump on ebay that will drain any of them so if you want cheap, check ebay.

Reply to
ValveJob

Never mind that -- every dehumidifier I've ever seen has a knockout on one side of the tank, at the bottom, and a fitting for connecting a garden hose.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Sears is crap. If you get 2-3 years out of one you're lucky.

I've had good luck [so far] with Whirlpool [I have two of them]. The older one is over 4 years and still kicking but I've noticed that it is nosier than my newer 1 year old Whirlpool. But even my old Whirlpool is a lot quieter than any of my Sears units ever were.

Reply to
Jay Stootzmann