Deep Freezer in garage, any experiences?

Depending on the humidity, the added water to the interior may be significant, though. Water vapor will require energy to freeze and that adds to the frost.

Why? I'd think that would be the best time, since you're heating the interior anyway.

Reply to
krw

Your heating the coils which are in another compartment. I can easily tell if my two door fridge in coming off defrost, any ice cream will be soft. Without opening the freezer door, it gets up into the high 20's degrees. That's the air temp as measured on a temp. Logger.

I bought my parents a large sears chest freezer in the early 70's, and I gave it away still working in 2005 . Hardly ever stored much stuff in it. My dad set his beers on it, the biggest use in the garage. It was cool to make large ice cubes.

Greg

Reply to
gregz