I'm interesting in applying a decorative concrete cover to the front
porch (by the main entry door). The type of cover I'm interested in is
a colored small rock (maybe 1/8" diameter) mixed in a clear epoxy (?)
and then applied to the concrete surface. I have a few questions about
this type of treatment that I hope someone can help me with:
1) What category in the yellow pages will I look to find a supplier of
such a covering?
2) By nature of their content the surface of these finishes is a
little rough, are they easy to shovel snow in the winter?
3) How durable are these finishes, will they hold up over time?
4) What is the minimum thickness of these finishes?
5) Can these treatments be appplied to the riser of a step?
6) Can a DIYer get the supplies and do this job?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.