deck finish

hi all, was wondering what i should pay to have a finish put on an 18 x

18 deck and rails??? i've heart from 250 to 400.

any info appreciated

h2

Reply to
ft

What kind of material? What kind of finish? I'd buy a can of Penofin Oil for some woods (mahogany, Ipe, cypress) or Cetol Dek stain for others (pressure treated) and do it myself. for $70 or so. I just did my 12 x 16 deck with 3 gallons of solid stain, but that is both the top and the underside.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

hi, thanx for the reply, deck is made of treated lumber (5/4 x 8 in.) with standard railings and steps. the stain i have is DAP made for treated wood. was really interested in the labor cost, again thanx

pax, h2

Reply to
h2

ditto on Sikkens Cetol. I live in New England and finished an all-PT deck with solid white stain for ballusters and redwood for rails and deck. Snow sits on this all winter long on the North side of the house. In 5+ years, I've never done more than clean the white and have powerwashed and restained the deck floor once---and it easily could have waited (just liked that "new" look).

Usually good paint store carry it. (Benjamin Moore in Mass.)

B.

Reply to
<bks>