dating amana microwave

I'm trying to date a microcrowave oven that still works with no parts replaced built in the 70s. It is made by amana and the serial # starts with a B. The information that I have says that in the 70,s amana uses a Black Horse code to date the ovens. B would have been 70, L- 71, A-72........... The trouble is I dont know which would have been the first year. Would B have been 70 or 71or something else.

Reply to
jimmiedee

I know there is a lot of liberalism these days, in matters such as this, but I would still recommend dating within one's species. Or at least the animal kingdom.

Reply to
mm

At least he is trying to date something age appropriate

I vote for 70 s>

Reply to
PipeDown

have you tried calling the manufacturer?

Reply to
hallerb