Damper Bearing Lube

At my church, one of the HVAC air flow dampers siezed up. The berrings dried up, and the actuator couldn't do its thing. Our resident HVAC guy (not me, the other guy) freed it up with Channel Locks. Gave me permission to lube the damper berrings.

Where the shaft goes through the bushing is generally accessable. What's a good lube, that will attract minimum of dust, provide lubrication, and stay there for a while?

I'm thinking that WD-40 and three in one oil aren't going to do the job. At the moment, I'm thinking that zoom spout turbine oil might. Silicone spray might. LPS #2, dries and leaves a dry lube might work. Or, two cycle gas mix oil.

At present, silicone tops my list. What else might work?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Tri-Flow

Reply to
Bob Villa

JOKE ?RIGHT ? I HAVE A MUFFLER BEARING !! jr

Jerry - OHIO

Stormin, I've become addicted to using Anti Seize on many things. If you can pull the shaft, clean off the gunk, coat shaft and bearing with anti seize I would bet you'll never do it again under your watch.

The stuff has great water resistance, sticks well, lubes well. No affiliations, just well satisfied. The one I use now is:

but Graingers carries a wide assortment, even spray formulae:

DanG

Then there's always "Marvel's Mystery Oil"!

Reply to
Bob Villa

Kroil.

Joe