Cutting tile to fit new tub and vanity

rotozip with a tile bit.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

skill saw with dry diamond bit for the field and the rotor saw for the edges

Harbor freight for the diamond blades, not all that expensive considering what you can pay for them

Reply to
SQLit

The new tub is a couple inches wider than the old, so the masonry floor tile (ceramic?) is going to have to be taken back by that amount. There will be a similar situation around the new vanity, as the footprint is about 1/2" wider. I do have some spare tiles, but I'm wondering if it might be easier to somehow trim the existing tiles in place. Is this possible? That is, could I rent a cutter of some kind that I could neatly cut along a line drawn on the tile and then chisle out the pieces? Or, is this likely to make a mess of it?

TIA

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man

Thanks. I'll have to wander around HD or Harbor Freight to see what some of these tools look like.

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man