is their B&M web site. They also have
just to make things confusing.

Reply to
Robert Neville

Robert Neville wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

doesn't show prices.

Reply to
Red Green

Aye, I have noticed that as a well, but fortunately they show up more frequently. There was a 25% one a year or so ago, which I used it to get my

4x6 bandsaw for $150. That one was well-appreciated.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Also just about every magazine, like Wood, PM, PS etc have a HF add in the back with a 15 or 20% coupon in them also.

Reply to
ROANIN

On 11/7/2009 1:24 PM Oren spake thus:

Can't remember exactly, but 'tweren't much; I think $5? What the hell; at that price, still a steal.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Last week I bought a mouse pad at Best Buy for 99¢.

They asked if I wanted the extended warranty.

I asked them if I looked like David Nebenzahl.

Reply to
HeyBub

I always read extended warranties for mouse pads. The clerk can allow me to read them, as I hold up the cashier line.

Reply to
Oren

"HeyBub" wrote in news:PrGdnUrjcr9Vh2vXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Ouch!

Reply to
Red Green

That's bizarre. I get coupons regularly. And frequently, too.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

HF has a 5.95 per order (might be more, now) per order fee. Free shipping over $50. So, they will free freight your heavy item.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Me, three! The sawzalls go on sale for twenty bucks. I've been tempted to buy one as a spare, but the one I have I use so seldom. Can always buy one later. I've got spares of so many items, already.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's priceless. Thanks for the laugh.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So many exclusions. Hardly worth the $19.95 warranty.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:hd6krb $vl8$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I picked up one of the cheapo electric ones for when a task would kill all my batteries too fast. Blade takes some fiddling to get placed right and has to be locked in with a hex wrench. Hey, it worked good for cutting some bush roots below ground.

Reply to
Red Green

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message news:hcOdnf1sNMus42jXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Hrmphh. I never get any coupons either. [catalogs on occassion- mostly from the online store, not local fliers]

I frequent the local store-- I've ordered online. I've filled out the form and given them an email address that works.

I was sure it was regional-- but you're only a couple hours west of me, so who knows. [I'm near Albany & if I recall correctly, you're in Rochester. .. NY, right?]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I don't see where those coupons save any more than their regular sale catalogs.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Regular price for the orange angle grinder (91223) is $29.99. Sale price is $19.99. Coupon price is $17.99.

That is one example of many.

If it isn't on sale, the 15%/20% coupons make it (or anything else not on sale) available at a discounted price.

Shop smart, or spend more; it's your choice.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I got the swivel head sheet metal shear for a project. You have to loosen the allen wrench screw to turn the head, but that's OK. Like you say, it gets "a" job done. Well worth the money.

Their sawzall blades are cheap enough, you can burn them out, cutting roots, and not get too worried.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On 11/7/2009 5:11 PM HeyBub spake thus:

OK, I guess I deserved that.

In my defense, , I should say that I don't suggest that anyone else buy these extended warranties. I bought mine in a moment of weakness: I hadn't bought any HF power tools for a long time. It looked like a great deal (I always tell people: $20 for a sawzall? How could I

*not* buy one?), but I blame the FUD that I'd heard about these tools for my wanting to hedge my bet against the tool wearing out.

Had I to do it over again, I wouldn't waste money on such a warranty.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Me neither. I would invest in Wheat pennies.

Reply to
Oren