craftsman push mower

i have a craftsman eager 1 push mower where does the grass come out of if I dont have the bagger on it the grass gets clogged up and mower will shut off do you have to use the bagger when you cut grass there is no other chute for the grass to discharge

Reply to
cynthia

What is your natural hair color?

Reply to
Jimmy

The grass will just fall to the lawn.

Lots of people use a mower that way, including myself. If you get big clumps of grass on the lawn, you need to mow more often. Rake up any big clumps.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Real funny.

Does that make you feel smarter?

Reply to
Dan Espen

Don't be surprised if the next question is how do you mow a narrower strip than the mower is wide.

** Lonesome Dove
Reply to
Lonesome Dove

If the grass is getting clogged, it is either the deck too low, you are waiting too long between cuttings, or you have the wrong type of blade. Maybe a bit of all three.

Use a mulching blade. They are designed so the grass is kept in the air when first cut so it can be cut again to a finer piece that will mix into the grass. The nutrients then go back into the soil

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Add to that grass that is wet. From pics of this type mower, it appears it has no side discharge. So either the grass gets bagged or it gets mulched.

Reply to
trader4

I had a similar mower and Ed has already mentioned mulching and that is what my mower was designed to do when the bag wasn't installed. The only time I had clogging problems is when the grass was too wet. You didn't mention the height of your grass or how wet it is when you have the clogging problem. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas