Craftsman Garage Door Opener Acting Wierd

I have a 1/2 HP Craftsman GDO that is about 3 years old. All of a sudden
the door will now only open about 12 to 18 inches; the lights do not flash
at this point. If I press the button (on the wall or the remote) the door
will go down and then (usually) return back up to the 12 or 18 inch height.
HOWEVER, if I block the beam with my foot before it starts going back up, it
will return continuing to the fully open position and the lights will flash.
Any ideas? Thanks, Bill
Reply to
BD
1. Check the beam alignment.
2. Make sure something on the back of the door isn't intruding into the beam.
3. Check the load setting on the motor, maybe increase it a bit.
4. Check the tracks to see if they are all stable and aren't missing a piece.
Weird problem.
Hope this helps,
The "Tool"
Reply to
Mr. Tool

Site Timeline Threads

  • hi, i was at a friends for xmas dinner, he said he was having problems with the...

    Home Repair