Cost to repair section of asphalt driveway

I have a driveway that was damaged by a tenant who parked a large 5th wheel RV on it, and I want to get the damaged part of the driveway repaired.

Can anyone provide an estimate on how much it would cost to replace a section of the driveway which measures approximately 10' by 25' and includes 2 edges. A ballpark estimate or average cost per square foot is all I need. Thanks...

Reply to
lanman

Must be a pretty crappy driveway if a 5th wheeler damage that much of it. You may want to consider having hte entire drive replaced with one reasonably sturdy. You may be surprised that it won't cost a lot more once the machines are on site.

The patch can be $1500 or more.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm not sure what a typical asphalt driveway should support, but this RV weighed in over 12,000lb when loaded. It would sit in the same spot for months at a time, and during the warm summer months, the tires and front stand sunk into the asphalt and left indentations of 2-3 inches. Of course, every time it was parked, it was in a slightly different spot; so there is a rolling effect across the back of the driveway.

You would have thought after the first time, the tenant would have put some 2x12 boards on the asphalt to spread the weight and not cause additional damage. That's what I would have done.

Reply to
lanman