cool, dehumidify, and fan.

I have a "portable" AC with settings cool, dehumidify, and fan.
I understand "Fan" but what could the difference be between the other two? How can it dehumidify without also cooling?
On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 4:23:29 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

By returning the heated air to the room instead of pumping it outside? That's how a dehumidifier works.
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 13:34:41 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

That makes sense. In fact now I remember I had one once and that's all it could do. I can see how that would be helpful if it wasn't too hot or you couldnt' find a place to exhaust the air.
Thanks.
On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 4:23:29 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

instead of discarding the heat, it send s the heat back into the room. same as a dehumidifier does. both the cold and warm coils are in the room air
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 13:36:48 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

tx