cool, dehumidify, and fan.

I have a "portable" AC with settings cool, dehumidify, and fan.

I understand "Fan" but what could the difference be between the other two? How can it dehumidify without also cooling?

Reply to
micky

By returning the heated air to the room instead of pumping it outside? That's how a dehumidifier works.

Reply to
trader_4

instead of discarding the heat, it send s the heat back into the room. same as a dehumidifier does. both the cold and warm coils are in the room air

makolber

That makes sense. In fact now I remember I had one once and that's all it could do. I can see how that would be helpful if it wasn't too hot or you couldnt' find a place to exhaust the air.

Thanks.

Reply to
micky

tx