Condenser fan motor substitute

Wasn't it in NY where that fellow that died by the cops was selling bootleg cigarettes one at a time because the store price was so high ?

While I don't smoke, I think the government has taxed those and whiskey way too much. Being in NC where a lot of cigarettes were produced the tax on them is way low compaired to other states. I think our gas tax makes up for some of it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Yes, that was Eric Garner, in NYC. And the police were given a directive to more strictly enforce the law.

Price of a pack I think here in NJ is ~$8 now and in NYC ~$10 - 12

Reply to
trader_4

I followed everything but this. Why do you have to increase the HP if you're using the same blade?

Reply to
micky

Uncle preceded what he said with: "If you pick a motor that has a higher rpm.."

Reply to
trader_4

movement into the air stream. Now angle your hand into the the air stream and the force diminishes. Make note of the force you feel then slow the car to 30mph and you'll have to increase the angle of your hand to feel the same force from the air stream as you did at 60mph. So the greater the speed, you need more force to hold your hand steady as the angle increases.

horse power it will take to spin it. You can do the same experiment with one of those old time hand fans that looks like a ping pong paddle. I hope the explanation helps. (¬?¬)

If you are changing the specs of the motor, it is best to spend the extra few bucks and buy the matching blade.

Reply to
gfretwell

You're right. My bad. Would have been a good place to start another paragraph, however.

Reply to
micky